Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yamboree Day 2

Friday morning we went to the FRIDAY PARADE...mostly the high schools from around the area. Then we went to the Gilmer square where all the rides and booths were. We saw a lot of people that Heath grew up with, and enjoyed spending time with all of his family. For lunch I got a HUGE corn dog- delicious!!! Not just a regular state fair corn dog like I had in Utah, but a Texas corn dog.

That night we went back to the square and went to the street dance. (Pictures of course didn't turn out). They had a local country singer, and everyone sat around, danced, ate all sorts of food I had never heard of. A funnel cake for example. A huge plate of fried dough sprinkled with powdered sugar. It was delicious. Britni told me all about the JUMBO smoked turkey legs that are very popular, those were good too! (see the turkey leg below). We rode rides, bought all kinds of yummy fried foods, BLUE BELL ice cream, DR. PEPPER---the texas must-haves.
This Jumbo turkey leg was really good! I couldn't get my own because I had just eaten a plate of fried dough, and was going to ride some rides, but oh man, I should have! Saturday was the biggest day....pictures coming tomorrow.

3 comments:

Cat Zimmer said...

You've never heard of a funnel cake? That's crazy. You should have taken a picture of the corn dog.

britni said...

Ahh..I was so mad that I forgot the left over turkey leg in my mom fridge...Oh, well...Dad prolly had a good left over Sunday lunch :)...It was so good to see you guys...can't wait to see more pics!!

Michelle @ Twig said...

Looks like you had a great time!